EurAsia VideoDance Contest 2020
EURASIA VIDEODANCE CONTEST , for the edition 2020 entitled “Stay Home”, wants to be inspired by these days and so it want to push the participants to make their own home the stage of their creativity & performances, helping them to see a positive point in the task of “Staying Home”. The contest is open to dancers and choreographers of any origins.
TOPIC & IDEA: Living within the walls of our house we can be inspired to explore these limited spaces that give vent to our lives. By observing our daily lives and playing with our bodies in the empty and non-empty spaces of the different rooms, we can create sequences of movement that, mixed with our moods and sensations arising from today’s events, we can give life to new creations and real stories: who can forget “Enter Achilles or Dead Dream Of Monochrome Men by the DV8” or “Rosas Danst Rosas by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker” and many more too!
This is a new EurAsia Event that this year want to help the EurAsia Students & Dancers who are fighting this battle against the COVID-19 like all of us. As we all have to stay at home, also our EurAsia Students & Dancers in Europe, far from their families and relatives, with already a precarious economic condition, in these weeks they cannot teach and continue to work at their places of employment.
In order to help them and so to support their lives during this sad period EurAsia´s Artistic Director Stefano Fardelli is launching this EURASIA VIDEODANCE CONTEST where dancers and choreographers from all over the world can partecipate.
The application will be accepted within June 30th 2020 only upon receipt of a free donation, starting from a base of 5 Euros, which will be fully donated and divided among the EurAsia Students & Dancers with greater difficulty in these days of epidemic.
The International Competition is organized by EURASIA DANCE PROJECT INTERNATIONAL NETWORK directed by Stefano Fardelli. The contest have an online application where participants can send their own videos within June 30th 2020.
There is a single section, made by Stefano Fardelli, dedicated to contemporary dance in its various stylistic nuances.
The pieces can be SOLO or DUET or COLLECTIVES, but the dancers in the video, if more than one, must be flatmate of the dancer or choreographer presenting the project as the project wants to be inspired by this forced quarantine we all are living in these days of epidemic.
Only dancers over their 18 years old are admitted, whether they are choreographers or performers.
Participants may only submit choreographies and music in competition for which they have full rights of use and reproduction. Participants release the organization from any liability arising from the use or representation of what is presented in the competition.
The competition is divided into:
- PHASE 1 -application within June 30th 2020
- PHASE 2 -selection and announcement of the winners within July 31st 2020
- PHASE 3 – screening of the winner projects within the end of 2021
The selected videos and so the choreographers / dancers will be awarded with:
- 1st prize: the choreographer / dancer selected for the first prize will be invited at the Gdansk International Dance Festival for the screening of his / her selected video. The Festival will offer at the winner a fee, flights and accomodation for the commitment.
- 2nd prize thesecond selected video dance project will be screened at the Choreographic Center of Krakow.
– the 1st selected video will have the chance to be screened at the Choreographic Center of Krakow as well
– both videos will be screened within EurAsia Events in all the five continents through the EurAsia Partners
– all the screening will happen within the end of 2021
- Regulation and Registration Form, both filled in and signed
- Curriculum vitae;
- Few full-length scene photos;
- Photocopy or scan of the identity document or passport;
- Copy of the payment receipt for the registration of this Video Selection
- Link to the video posted on Vimeo or Youtube with the possible access password.
- If you are unable to access Vimeo or Youtube you can send the video via wetransfer.com at the email email@example.com
Only applications received complete in all their parts by 30th of June 2020 will be examined.
The organization assumes no responsibility for applications received after the aforementioned deadline, even if due to force majeure.
Here below the Regulation & Registration Form for your application: please read them carefully in all their points.
fill out and sign the regulation and registration form for your application